Translate To a Different Language

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Olympics!!

#9: Olympics Updates

The 30 Olympics in London has begun!! The opening ceremony was directed by Danny Boyle best known as the director of the award winning movie Slumdog Millionaire and in my opinion it was AMAZING!! I don't really have a favorite sport that I am looking forward to becuase I like something about them all. Swimming for the United States has been doing great. The biggest surprise in swimming is that Michael Phelps did NOT medal in the 400 IM (individual medley)! That hasn't happened since the Sydney Games when he was only about 14 or 15 years old, but of course Ryan Lochte (MY FAVORITE!) came in first and took home the gold.
In gymnastics I think that Jordan Wieber is an amazing gymnast but I am sad that Shawn Johnson couldn't compete because of her knee :( but the team will still do great. I am watching the opening day of women's gymnastics right now or as they call it the Qualification Round. Gaby Douglas and Jordan Wieber, and  are definitley my favorites on that team but it is a team effort so best of luck to all of them! China is ranking number one in terms of medals followed by United States and then in third is Italy. Here is a chart kinda of what type of medal each of those countries won:

China: 6 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze                  Total: 12 Medals
United States: 3 Gold, 5 silver, 3 Bronze     Total: 11 Medals
Italy: 2 Gold, 3 Silver, 2 Bronze                     Total: 7 Medals

That's it for now on the Olympics I will have more news updates on here as soon as I can! I hope you guys like how things are going so far in the games!

P.S. Did you guys notice that the font color is in green, yellow, redblue, and black? (A.K.A the colors of the Olympic Rings) hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment